Unraveling the White Sand Beaches of Dasol, Pangasinan



There is no greater joy than to find yourself get lost in the middle of a serene, white island with your love ones. It was on April 2018 when my family travelled 260 kilometers for five hours all way to the white sand beaches of Dasol, Pangasinan.

Many people would think that the idea of white sand beaches can only be found on Boracay Island. Well, they thought wrong. Dasol beach takes its visitors to another tourist level experience that Boracay cannot offer. Calmness. Tranquility. Peace. People who prefer the quietness and stillness of early summer days should give Dasol, Pangasinan a try.

Believe it or not, the last time I went on a real beach was when I was less than ten years old. I was barely in my puberty years and can barely remember the exact beach we visited in Batangas. My inability to swim made it difficult for me to relish the beach waters of Batangas. It was a low-tide and the seaweeds kept clinging around our legs, making it difficult to swim towards the deeper shores. Before we go, I obtained severe sun burns on my skin and went home in tears. That last beach visit happened a decade ago, and I never allowed myself to stay close in large bodies of water during scorching summer months.

Visiting Dasol Pangasinan made me forget my worst beach experience. The weather was warm enough to remind me of summer, but not too hot to burn us alive. The moment we get there the first thing we saw was the colorful boats scattered around the white beach area. Island hopping is the best beach experience Dasol can offer. The boat men will lead you to various hidden caves and bodies of water to fully explore the beauty of Dasol Pangasinan itself.



Our initial plan was to reschedule the island hopping for the next day. However, the idea of exploring Dasol got the best of us and so we decided to push through it. My nieces, nephew and my cousins took turns in picking the most colorful boat to take them to the first island. To be honest, I was really nervous but I chose to keep it to myself for the fear that I might spoil the fun for my family. My mom, who is  afraid of big waves decided to accompany me during the island hopping. It took us 10 minutes to pick four boats to board the rest of us. Once we have finally decided and tucked in, we are finally good to go. 


For our island hopping experience, we were able to visit three hidden islands. The travel for each island was really scary at first. The big waves came crashing towards the boat, nearly toppling us down into the deep sea. I was really scared, yes, but I try to hide it from my mom by giving a huge laugh. She was holding on for dear life, her left hands were clasping Ate Andrea's arms while the other were on my swimwear. But for me, the moment we stayed longer in the middle of the rushing sea the more I learned to enjoy it. It was more than a roller coaster experience. It made me forget everything.


To sum up our island hopping experience in Pangasinan, we were able to explore the hidden caves and small bodies of beaches. For the first time, I successfully ignored the scorching heat of the sun and I let myself revel the whole beach experience itself. I know my words and this blog will never be enough to explain the summer perfection brought by Dasol Pangasinan to my family, but believe me, the long travel hours will be worth it. Make your summer experience unforgettable by exploring the unknown tourist spots in the Philippines.

Comments

Popular Posts